ocba - Re: [ocba] Not cool by Marty Hanks

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: Thomas Grizzle <griz AT mindspring.com>
  • Cc: "<ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Not cool by Marty Hanks
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 17:32:21 -0500

Agreed Tom

drones bring laid in december during spring time blooms & nectar flow is just
- BAD.

Worse is the start of brood chill and now culling of dead pupae. Not to
mention the extended varroa breeding season. Im no varroa expert, but i'm
pretty sure giving varroa 2 extra months to build up is a bad thing.

My only positive though on this...and its a grasping fleet of hope is we are
watching drone culling done the natural way. Trying to turn a negative into a
positive i can only hope the doomed brood & drones they were trying raise
will now be where all the varroa are and with true winter clustering finally
happening we'll see more dead drones pulled out...hopefully with varroa along
with them.

So ill focus on that and see what march brings. 😁

Best of luck to everyone
just bee

Sent from my iPhone