ocba - [ocba] wax moth apocalypse

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] wax moth apocalypse
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 21:27:46 -0400

Hey gang,

just a heads up that southern orange is literally under attack.
well kind of!  we drove out past carrboro high (on smith level road) and then all the way to jones ferry road and the sky was covered with wax moths.
At one point it looked like snow flurries! the front of the car is covered with them. i kid you not.

 i've never seen anything like it. they went on for 4 miles...and more as we went home and hid all our honey supers. found 3 in there already.

So just a heads up if you are in southern Orange Co you best double check your loose supers and weak hives!!

--
Cheers,
Marty Hanks

 Just Bee Honey
"Created by Artisans....Bottled by Humans"

  • [ocba] wax moth apocalypse, Marty Hanks, 09/01/2015