ocba - Re: [ocba] Laying worker and a Queen

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Walter Starks <walterstarks AT icloud.com>
  • To: "pandptax1 AT aol.com" <pandptax1 AT aol.com>
  • Cc: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Laying worker and a Queen
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 10:01:11 -0400

Yes. It's quite common to have laying workers in a queen right hive. The situation won't last long usually since workers have a short lifespan. You don't notice it normally because the other nurse bees will know that the egg is not right and they'll remove it. My guess is that once your new queen hits her stride you will see a big reduction in drone cells.

______

Walter

Sent from my iPhone