ocba - [ocba] Bee-related auction items for Farmer Foodshare Harvest Ball and Fundraiser/Auction?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: <darin AT ramblerillfarm.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Bee-related auction items for Farmer Foodshare Harvest Ball and Fundraiser/Auction?
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 11:44:59 -0700

Hello fellow beekeepers!
    As Chair of the Board of Directors of Farmer Foodshare, I am inquiring to you about your willingness to participate in the Farmer Foodshare Harvest Ball and Fundraiser.  We're doing an auction and, given our pollinator theme to the event at the Butterfly House at the Museum of Life and Science in Durham, we seek donated bee-related items or services to auction off.   It would seem to me that engaging OCBA would be a win-win-win.

Details about farmer foodshare at www.farmerfoodshare org and details of the event are here:  http://www.farmerfoodshare.org/harvest-ball-2014

    A simple hive setup and/or honey would be great, but so too would education, training etc (e.g., 1 on 1 startup or followup sessions with a master beekeper...).    Commercial enterprises are welcome to participate of course with all the expected promotion and gratitude we can offer.  Please we request the courtesy of your reply Thursday night as we are finalizing plans as I write.  Feel free to contact me directly off list for any further information you might need.

If you should decide to attend the event and support Farmer Foodshare in that way, then by all means see the event link above and contact Britt Foxworth about RSVPs.  britt AT farmerfoodshare.org

As you might expect, Farmer Foodshare is a 501(c)3 non profit.

Thanks all!  Hope your bees are setting themselves up for success over the winter.

Darin Knapp
RambleRill Farm

RambleRill Farm on Facebook LIKE RambleRill Farm on Facebook to keep up to date on what's happening at the farm and to get great deals on our fruits and veggies grown without insecticides, herbicides, or fungicides!

  • [ocba] Bee-related auction items for Farmer Foodshare Harvest Ball and Fundraiser/Auction?, darin, 10/14/2014