ocba - [ocba] Reporting Suspected Pesticide Bee Kills

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Reporting Suspected Pesticide Bee Kills
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 11:08:04 -0400 (EDT)

I want to make sure that everyone knows that there are at least 2 sections within NCDA&CS that are very interested in pesticide bee kills.  The first of course are our bee inspectors.  If you suspect a problem with pesticides, please call your inspector as soon as you discover the suspected problem.  They will assess your situation and call someone from the pesticide section to collect samples if they feel it is warranted.

When there are problems with pesticides these incidents need to be documented so that regulators can try to solve the problem.  Anecdotal reports without good evidence are of little value.  The process can be painfully slow, but it is an important process.

Lewis

  • [ocba] Reporting Suspected Pesticide Bee Kills, Lewis Cauble, 10/04/2014