ocba - [ocba] Problems with Apiguard

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Starks, Walter" <Walter.Starks AT facilities.unc.edu>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "CCBA Listserve" <chathambeekeepers AT lists.ncsu.edu>
  • Subject: [ocba] Problems with Apiguard
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 18:23:36 +0000

I treated my hives today. What a mess the Apiguard was. The foil on the top
is glued so strongly that the tin bowl holding the gel was all twisted and
mangled by the time I got it open. Most of the gel was stuck to the bottom of
the foil. We tried to get it back in the bowl with hive tools but wound up
smearing the gel everywhere. Wound up just leaving the foil attached to the
bowl on one edge and putting the whole thing in the hive with as much gel as
we could salvage. What am I doing wrong? I can't believe it's supposed to be
this complicated.

______

Walter