ocba - Re: [ocba] FW: Apivar

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Chris Apple <chrisapple1231 AT gmail.com>
  • To: James Latimer <pipesnc AT live.com>
  • Cc: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] FW: Apivar
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 11:44:39 -0400

Jamie - I am fairly certain the advice to remove the honey supers is for human protection. However, if you want to also be mindful of what you give your bees to eat, you could pull the honey and store it in the freezer until you are done with the treatment. I store my honey frames in the freezer often. They take a while to warm up. I'm not sure if putting frozen honey in a hive matters or not. Anyone else have any thoughts?