ocba - [ocba] Looking for help plus truck to move 4 hives

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Cole Rizki <colerizki AT gmail.com>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Looking for help plus truck to move 4 hives
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 17:33:53 -0400

Hello,

I am moving from Durham County to the city and currently have four hives (each stacked with two deeps and a medium) that need to be relocated. I'm wondering if there is someone with a pick-up truck who might be willing to help relocate the hives, and I'm definitely happy to compensate for any assistance (two extra people in addition to myself would probably be helpful). My move date is August 11 so my plan is to move the bees the night of the 11th. If you might be able to help, feel free to drop an email or give me a call at 312-208-4394.

Any recommendations you all might have about moving the bees are more than welcome! I'm planning to ratchet strap the hives, seal with duct tape and an entrance reducer across each hive once the sun's down on the 11th.

Thanks,
Cole

  • [ocba] Looking for help plus truck to move 4 hives, Cole Rizki, 08/05/2014