ocba - Re: [ocba] Duke Bee hives

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Just Bee <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: John Friedrick <friedjf AT verizon.net>
  • Cc: "<ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Duke Bee hives
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2014 14:20:50 -0400

Sounds like a vandal who got a big surprise!

Sent from my iPhone

These hives were old-style, unpainted wood with peaked covers. They had medium-framed supers that would have fit the box (below) perfectly if mounted correctly. Instead, each level of the hive was not stacked correctly on the part below it, including the cover.

Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2014 1:44 PM

Is this a case of medium frames in a shallow box?

Dick