ocba - Re: [ocba] Leaking top feeder

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Just Bee <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: "Starks, Walter" <Walter.Starks AT facilities.unc.edu>
  • Cc: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Leaking top feeder
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 19:13:29 -0400

Hi Walter,

All silicone is not the same. Look for a food grade silicone for the inside.
I use the propolis the girls make(bee glue) as a great in field repair
product.

I'd mix it with a penchant of wax...kneed the two together and push into the
hole. From both sides!

Works great. If you use the wax on the outside use as little as possible if
you want to reprint.

Cheers
Marty

Sent from my iPhone