ocba - [ocba] Honey knife near Chapel Hill?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Hamsiba Family <hamsibas AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Honey knife near Chapel Hill?
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 16:18:07 -0400

Does anyone near Chapel Hill have a honey knife we could borrow (or rent)?  We just have a couple of excess deep honeycomb frames after opening up a couple of honey locked hives.

Yes we threw a couple frames in the freezer, per Randall's suggestion for emergencies later, but we still have a few more we need to just harvest by gravity.  Guess I would love to try an electric one and an old fashioned plain one out before deciding what to use in the future.

Thanks,

Brad Kosiba
hamsibas AT gmail.com