ocba - [ocba] Drone laying queen??

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Cathy Pontious <cathypontious AT gmail.com>
  • To: Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Drone laying queen??
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 19:12:41 -0400

​HELP!  I installed my package on April 5.  I checked the hive 6 days later & things seemed to be doing well.  Today I checked & saw many drone cells but I couldn't see any brood.  I did see the queen & she appeared to be laying.  Should I panic?  My other queen was dead when I got the package so this is my only queen.

Thanks for any help!
Cathy