ocba - [ocba] Fwd: FW: Bee study - please forward to whomever may have interest

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Chris Apple <chrisapple1231 AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Fwd: FW: Bee study - please forward to whomever may have interest
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 09:50:22 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Christine Apple <christine.apple AT duke.edu>
Date: Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 9:42 AM
To: "chrisapple1231 AT gmail.com" <chrisapple1231 AT gmail.com>

From: Kimberly [showmehowitends AT comcast.net]
Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2014 12:04 AM
To: apple001 AT mc.duke.edu

Dear fellow Bee Enthusiast,

     I am an active beekeeper and member of CCBA near Philadelphia,
Pennsylvania.  I am sending this note as an invitation to my fellow
beekeepers in eastern US to participate in a unique honey bee forage
data project.

      Please see the link below as it describes our subject and intended
goals.  I think that this is an exciting project that all beekeepers
would be interested in.  We are particularly in need of funds and/or
pollen samples from you in order to continue writing a fascinating and
lovely book about pollen, bees and blooms. (Donations acceptance will
not be open until April 16 and will stay open for one month only)  You
may view a short video and explanation of our upcoming project here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2052379524/134080427?token=a3b0cb12

     In addition to donating to our project funding, we invite your
participation in the data collection that will enhance our results for
our research and information in the book.  Your participation will earn
you a bonus dividend of digital pages of the book.  This is a unique
opportunity for us all to get involved and to better understand through
research the origin of the pollens and forage habits of our honey bees!

      Please send us a sample of the blooms that appear to attract bees
but may be unique to your area.  In particular we would be especially
interested in  forage plants that you think we might overlook due to
your location.  Simply place your bloom/plant in a small mailing
envelope and place that with the name of the plant in a business
envelope and mail to:

Don Coats
1 Walnut Valley Rd.
Chadds Ford, PA 19317

An email picture of the plant would also be a great help!  Please
forward emails to doncoats AT verizon.net

**We have samples of the common trees, shrubs and forbs (wild flowers)**
Please e-mail me if you have questions about a particular plant at
doncoats AT verizon.net

     Despite the availability of text and charts predicting where honey
bees sip nectar and when, interesting gaps remain in the collect and
transport story.  We hope to fill some of those gaps and show how you,
personally, can make a visual connection between bloom and your honey.

Thank you very much for your attention to this message.
Don Coats

  • [ocba] Fwd: FW: Bee study - please forward to whomever may have interest, Chris Apple, 04/20/2014