ocba - [ocba] Cleanup after wax moths?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Phil DeGuzman <phil.deguzman AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Cleanup after wax moths?
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 13:36:36 -0500

During our move to a new house this summer I had a dead hive that was left
outdoors. Wax moths had a field day in there. I plan to clean it up and
install new foundation for next spring. Question: is there anything beyond
scraping off the dead wax moth remnants and maybe scrubbing with soapy water
that I should do before installing new foundation ( and in spring new bees) ?

Phil DeGuzman