ocba - [ocba] FW: State Fair Entries

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: mary leonhardi <mleonhardi AT hotmail.com>
  • To: Orange County Bee Assoc. <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] FW: State Fair Entries
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 00:00:19 -0400

Final Reminder

All entries must be filled out tomorrow by 5:00 pm.  We were encouraged, at the OCBA meeting to apply even if we werewe uncertain if we would be entering something.  If you enter, it is not a commitment to deliver a product.  Geneva said that she also applied for almost all of the categories so without a separate entry, your hive product(s) could be displayed at the OCBA booth.  We will be taking everything to set up the display on October 14, so you can bring entries to the OCBA meeting on October 10, or contact me by October 10 to figure out how we can accomplish transportation.

Any questions, call Mary Leonhardi at 313-320-6379 or 919-245-0551

There are a total of 20 different categories related to bee products that can be entered.  Those categories include:
 1) photos, models or samples of plants important to bees, 2) comb and bulk honey frames, 3) cut comb honey, 4) chunk honey in jars, 5) extracted honey, 6) creamed honey, 7) beeswax in bulk, 8) pure beeswax products, 9) novelty items containing beeswax, 10) observation hive, 11) display booth (OCBA is doing this), 12) gift package of bee products, 13) mead, 14) bee photography, 15) beekeeping coloring book, 16) senior honey competition, 17) bulk display, 18) non honey bee products, 19) junior honey competition(under 16 years), 20) foods cooked with honey.

There are monetary prizes totaling $3,352.  For more information on the specific categories, please go to the following link: http://www.ncstatefair.org/2013/Competitions/PremiumBook/2013DeptI.pdf.  Entry is electronically at: https://www.blueribbonfair.com/BRFairProd/BlueRibbonStart.aspx?ID=2088, or you can print an application from the following link:  http://www.ncstatefair.org/2013/Competitions/PremiumBook/FormGeneral.pdf.

Additional guidelines for judging can be found at: http://www.cals.ncsu.edu/entomology/apiculture/pdfs/3.12%20copy.pdf.

All entries are due by 5:00 pm on September 19, 2013
.  Products must be delivered by October 14, the fair runs from October 17-27.

.

  • [ocba] FW: State Fair Entries, mary leonhardi, 09/19/2013