ocba - [ocba] Upcoming Events

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Geneva <gggreen AT mindspring.com>
  • To: NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Upcoming Events
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 07:53:05 -0400

Hi All,
Hope your sugar shakes are going well. We have a lot happening in September and I just wanted to give you a heads up.

Thursday September 12th OCBA Meeting with Mike Simone-Finnstrom, speaking on recent research at NC State with honeybees.
We will also meet at 5:30 to do a second sugar shake on the demo hives at UUCH.,

Saturday September 14th Varroa Mite Treatment Field Day
If anyone is planning to treat for Varroa and would like us to come to their beeyard for this field day, please contact me.

Saturday September 21st, 10-12am OCBA Wax Workshop at Lewis shop on 86 N.
We will try to a have a number of different stations set up, anyone who would like to help demonstrate, please contact me.

Fair Preparations
Please take the time to go to the state fair site, http://ncstatefair.org/2013/Competitions/HowToEnter.htm and download the current premium book for information about what to enter and how to apply.
If you are interested in entering something for the booth, please email Mary Leonhardi at mleonhardi AT hotmail.com. She is coordinating our booth entries. Please cc. me also so I will have a record.

I look forward to spending time with all of you in the bees and with their gifts to us.
Thanks
Geneva

Geneva Green
919 475 7668
7211 Wilkerson Road
Cedar Grove, NC 27231
gggreen AT mindspring.com

  • [ocba] Upcoming Events, Geneva, 08/23/2013