ocba - [ocba] New research...old concern confirmed

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Just Bee <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: "NaturalBeesinNC AT yahoogroups.com" <NaturalBeesinNC AT yahoogroups.com>, "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] New research...old concern confirmed
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 17:34:31 -0400

Hello all,

Here is an article from a long time trusted bee company: Dadant and Research
done from a creditable source.

I feel It's getting time that we Beekeepers need to have progressive
conversations about whats been thought to be killing or sickening our bees
and what we need to do to stop it.

Let's deal with the pests we know are a threat sure, but no longer be
persuaded by big AG that all is fine. In short, it's becoming clearer as more
evidence, reports and findings come to light that it's..."not complicated".

Personally, I and others (clients) I've talked to feel talked down to by the
stump speech of "it's complicated" that big AG keeps spreading. I've heard it
so many times in the last couple months I feel it's election time. That
language is insulting and demeaning as it implies: It's ok...it's to
complicated for you to understand...well handle it.

Beekeeping is changing and even complex at times as we learn it, but that is
why it's intriguing and fun! These are my ideas, my feelings...agree with
them or not, but the mounding evidence to our bees being under attack by
chemicals meant to protect our food is growing every month (no pun intended).

I just hope others will keep pressing the issue as its the future honeybee
population and their health that's at risk and as "keepers of bees" i feel we
owe it to them...even if it means we have to point the finger at ourselves
first.

marty
just bee

http://www.dadant.com/news/insecticide-causes-changes-in-honeybee-genes-research-finds

Sent from my iPhone

  • [ocba] New research...old concern confirmed, Just Bee, 07/10/2013