ocba - Re: [ocba] ocba Digest, Vol 100, Issue 5

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: Thomas Grizzle <griz AT mindspring.com>
  • Cc: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] ocba Digest, Vol 100, Issue 5
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 14:52:42 -0400 (EDT)

The downside of banning these compounds are reduced
> profits of some very profitable corporations, perhaps some jobs here and
> there, and that is probably the sum total of it.

I would assume that if these compounds were not available, farmers would return to using the previous generation of insecticides which required more applications and were signifificantly less safe for the applicators while being just as rough on pollinators.  If it were an easy question to answer, we wouldn't still be discussing it.  It's complicated.