ocba - [ocba] Urban Beekeeping

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Dick Merritt <dickmerritt AT mindspring.com>
  • To: OCBA <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Urban Beekeeping
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 17:00:39 -0400

From Sen. Ellie Kinnard's weekly newsletter:

"To end on another positive note, an avid bee keeper in our community and I were able to convince the Town of Chapel Hill to allow bee keeping under strict rules. Now there are hives on the roof of Top of the Hill owned by one of our community leaders and business owners.  In addition, Carrboro's first urban rooftop installation is at Tyler's. It will be called "Carrboro Honey.” Open Eye will be featuring the honey as well as Neal's deli.

Ellie"