ocba - [ocba] Just Saying

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Just Bee <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: NaturalBeesinNC AT yahoogroups.com, Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Just Saying
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 11:34:13 -0400

Hey Gang,

What a weird spring. May 8th and I just added my 4th super to these (chem
free raised) girls!

I also use an excluder, BUT in true honeybee fashion I have 4 colonies that
will not go above it and work. I removed it on 2 of the 4 then they would go
up. I waited 2 days and reinstalled it. I went back and they were down
crowded in the bottom again. :-/

So I was talking with Todd and Monica about it. They offered a cool ( new to
me) idea. To place a super with NON drawn foundation on top of the hive
bodies and then my drawn comb up top. Got to try that this weekend.

I'll leave 2 with no excluder and just see what happens....as usual the girls
will be teaching me something new!!

Cheers
Marty
just bee

JPEG image

Sent from my iPhone

  • [ocba] Just Saying, Just Bee, 05/09/2013