ocba - [ocba] Eno River Farmer's Market and Upcoming Events

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Rex L. Williams, Jr." <rexwilliams.03 AT gmail.com>
  • To: <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Eno River Farmer's Market and Upcoming Events
  • Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 21:51:51 -0400

Hello everyone,

Randall Austin, Fred Fessel, Cheryl Kozel, Logan Kroothoep, Chris Richmond, and I hosted a table on behalf of OCBA yesterday at the Eno River Farmer’s Market and spoke to many people with various levels of interest in bees, beekeeping, honey, our organization, and several other topics.  We had a steady stream of visitors throughout the morning, including several children, that were very taken with the observation hive (provided by Logan) and samples of comb honey (provided by Chris).  Both Chris and Randall were able to sell honey, at least enough to make lunch money as I understand it.

The timing as it relates to this week’s meeting was also very fortunate and we may have several new visitors attending this week.

I also wanted to remind everyone of some upcoming events in the next couple of weeks.

This Saturday, from 10am-noon,  we will be assisting with a presentation and farmscaping event with the community farm at Camp Chestnut Ridge .  Geneva and I will both be attending.  Please let me know if you are interested in coming by help present, plant, or just hang out.

Additionally, David Bailey would love to have some of you volunteer to help with delivery of bee packages.  The first round of packages is coming on Saturday.  David has also requested that someone might be willing to give installation and smoker lighting demonstrations, if possible.  If this weekend is inconvenient, there will be a second round of packages coming on Saturday, April 27.  David has promised to provide food for volunteers as well.

Have a great week.  See all of you on Thursday.

Rex

  • [ocba] Eno River Farmer's Market and Upcoming Events, Rex L. Williams, Jr., 04/07/2013