ocba - [ocba] Swarm Alert

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Thomas Grizzle" <griz AT mindspring.com>
  • To: <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Swarm Alert
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 14:51:43 -0400

I have a swarm.  They are in a bush about 20 feet from my hive, shoulder height.  I’d like to save the bees if possible, i.e., kill the queen, but if anyone needed a queen, they could have her.  Problem I have, I’ve never found a queen, so I need help.  Anyone available?  Please respond via email to griz at mindspring dot com since I am on a teleconference and the phone line is tied up.  If you can come, I’ll pay your gas if you like, and you could have the queen if you like.

Thanks.

Tom Grizzle

1541 Ferrell Road

Chapel Hill 27517 (near Eastgate Shop Ctr)

  • [ocba] Swarm Alert, Thomas Grizzle, 04/05/2013