ocba - [ocba] "Live and Let Die" and Spring Meeting Info

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] "Live and Let Die" and Spring Meeting Info
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 10:36:26 -0500 (EST)

Hello Beekeepers,

The Spring Ebuzz from NCSBA came out on Jan 9th and has a good article on the "Live and Let Die" method of dealing with mites.  We discussed this method at our summer field day.  Dr Tarpy makes a good case that it is not a viable method for folks with fewer than 50 colonies and urges us to monitor mite pressure.  I have attached it for folks who may not be members of NCSBA.

Also in the EBuzz is the agenda for the joint SCSBA/NCSBA spring meeting in York.  The line up of guest speakers and workshops looks fantastic and I have also attached that document along with a registration form.  You may also register at the SCSBA website or simply register at the door.  Preregistration will save you 10 bucks.