ocba - [ocba] Weak bees

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: catherinelguerrero AT gmail.com
  • To: NCBeekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Weak bees
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 14:14:11 -0500

Hey all,

I have a question about a Nuc I have. It was a late swarm from August/Sept.
they had a break in the brood cycle and have a laying queen. I had it closed
up for a day, and when I opened it I saw some weak bees and dead bees being
drug out with their tongues out. I have had a feeder on this hive and they
are taking sugar water with HBH in it. They have pollen, and about seven
frames of honey and are filling the rest with the sugar water. I didn't get
all the way to the brood nest today because of the rain, but I slid the mite
board in to check their levels. I also gave them an entrance feeder with some
water in it. l will go back in this week, and I am just looking for thoughts
about what else I should look for.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Catherine

Sent from my iPhone

  • [ocba] Weak bees, catherinelguerrero, 12/16/2012