ocba - [ocba] Hive swarm today or just kicked out a failing queen?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "birdcr AT concentric.net" <birdcr AT concentric.net>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org, NaturalBeesinNC AT yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [ocba] Hive swarm today or just kicked out a failing queen?
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 20:31:25 -0500 (CDT)

Folks,

Last night we had what I thought was a huge orientation flight at
5:30pm, took video of it, not sure if they were indeed swarming.
it just did not look like they were.

This afternoon I found two tiny piles of bees 7ft and 15ft away
from my feral hive. The smaller cluster of bees had a mature
damaged queen with it. The other I found nothing but worker bees.
Anyway I did a report on my blog with some HD videos if you ant to
have a look. Any input would be great, thanks!

Cheers,
Randy Emmitt
www.rlephoto.blogspot.com

  • [ocba] Hive swarm today or just kicked out a failing queen?, birdcr AT concentric.net, 08/24/2012