ocba - [ocba] Bee traps

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Elizabeth Pratson <elizabeth.pratson AT att.net>
  • To: NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Bee traps
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 21:13:48 -0400

I was at Tangler Outlets today and saw that they had bee traps set up in the
small gardens around the outlet mall. The one near an outdoor Italian Icy
stand was loaded with dead honey bees. I told the attendant that I thought
that this should be illegal and explained how the honey bees are endangered.
She explained to me that the bees were being pests, and scaring away her
customers. I wanted to run around the outlet and take all these traps down
and put them in the trash, but I was with my children....however may go up
later this week on my own. I was wondering if anybody else had ever seen
these traps being used before - they are horrible!