ocba - [ocba] Hillsborough Earth Day

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Hillsborough Earth Day
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 08:19:04 -0400 (EDT)

OCBA participated in the Hillsborough Earth Day event on Saturday.  We had a fantastic time sharing our bees with everyone who stopped by our display.  Special thanks to Watty Bowes for organizing and Volker, Jerome, and Dave for coming out to engage the public.

We have 2 more events coming up on May 5th and could use your help.  We will be at the Piedmont Wildlife Center Festival for Wildlife AND Museum of Life and Science Magic Wings Festival.  We have participated in these events for the past few years and they have been on different days.  This year they happen on the same day.  We will have a contingent at Festival for Wildlife with an observation hive and another group at Magic Wings with our bee gazebo.  Contact Watty wbowes AT gmail.com if you would like to help out with either of these events.

Also, if you have engaged the public with your bees this year please take a moment to document it for us.  OCBA members do tons of good work in our community and we want to know about it so we can tell NCSBA about the good work that we do.  Visit our Golden Achievement page and tell us about the good work that you have been doing.

Cheers,

Lewis

  • [ocba] Hillsborough Earth Day, Lewis Cauble, 04/23/2012