ocba - [ocba] NEW Report out from Xerces Society on neonicotinoids. effects on Honey Bees

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Marty Hanks <marty AT justbeenc.com>
  • To: Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>, NaturalBeesinNC AT yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [ocba] NEW Report out from Xerces Society on neonicotinoids. effects on Honey Bees
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 16:59:52 -0400

Howdy Folks,

Here is a brand new report out from the prestigious Xerces Society. A non-profit scientific pier led group since 1971!
Its over 32 pages w/ multiple pages for citing research and other scientic studies. Also a big section into Home Owner Products...some being 150% more lethal than the Ag applications. I had no idea about that.

http://www.xerces.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Are-Neonicotinoids-Killing-Bees_Xerces-Society1.pdf

These are the same folks who Debbie Roos had down a few months back to speak about NC pollinators at their day long workshop...I tried to stay up w/ them, but there was so much info on local pollinators i did not know...something like 20,000 pollinators in NC. Crazy stuff for sure...I also think Geneva has been using their site/book for pollinator plants research so they should be a trustworthy source for information about the effects on pollinators.
http://www.xerces.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Are-Neonicotinoids-Killing-Bees_Xerces-Society1.pdf

So if you are looking for a good read and want something that feels better(real proof) than a one-off post/blog this will help out.

Thanks,
Marty Hanks
Just Bee, Apiaries

  • [ocba] NEW Report out from Xerces Society on neonicotinoids. effects on Honey Bees, Marty Hanks, 04/10/2012