ocba - [ocba] Bee Informed Partnership Survey

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Bee Informed Partnership Survey
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 09:31:28 -0400 (EDT)

Good Morning Beekeepers,

The Bee Informed Partnership needs your help!  Details are below.  After you complete the Winter Loss Survey, you will have the option to complete the Management Survey.

Dear Beekeeper:

We need your help.  Please take 20 minutes out of your busy day to complete these two surveys.  Both surveys are only open from 30 March 2012 through 20 April 2012.

1) National Winter Loss and Management Survey:

http://participate.beeinformed.org/Surveys/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=76KI4p3

The winter loss survey should take less than 5 minutes and the management survey should take less than 20 minutes.

The purpose of the Bee Informed Partnership is to use beekeepers' real world experiences to help solve beekeepers' real world problems. We will use the data generated from these two surveys to help you decide which management practices are best for beekeepers like you, who live where you do and have operations similar to yours.  For this to work, we need as many participants as possible...so please take the time to fill out the questionnaire and SEND THIS EMAIL TO ALL THE BEEKEEPERS YOU KNOW asking them to fill out these questionnaires too.

You can see what type of results we will generate by visiting the Beeinformed.org website and browsing through our results section. Currently we are in the process of posting last year’s management results, so visit the site often to see these results as they are posted and discussed in our BLOG section.

Depending on the number of participants we hope to have the results from this year’s survey broken down by region and should have those results posted within months of the survey close date now that we have built the infrastructure needed to automate report generation.

Should you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us at askbeeinformed AT gmail.com or call us at 443.296.2470.

You can learn more about the Bee Informed Partnership at beeinformed.org.

BE INVOLVED, BE INCLUDED, BEE INFORMED.

Thank you,

The Bee Informed Partnership Team

  • [ocba] Bee Informed Partnership Survey, Lewis Cauble, 04/03/2012