ocba - [ocba] Installing in the Rain

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: John Nicholson <jlnicholson AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Installing in the Rain
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 13:38:39 -0400

So I'm sitting here with my first package of bees, hive set up all ready to go. As I ready my hive tool to pop the top, it starts raining.  I'm sitting in my car with light rain falling. I take it I should call it a day and come back tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm that its a bad idea to install a package in light rain? If anyone care to talk me off the cliff, you can reach me at 202 276 0624 for the next 20 mins.

Thanks,
John