ocba - [ocba] Need 1-2 capped brood frames

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Anne Cabell <cabell.anne AT gmail.com>
  • To: NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Need 1-2 capped brood frames
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 18:15:41 -0400

Hi All,
Does anyone have a frame or two of capped brood?  I have a pitifully limp hive, and only found 5 eggs (!) today and no other brood.  I spoke with Don Hopkins and he suspects that the queen is hesitant to lay with such a weak support population.  He suggested I boost my adult population pronto.  Anyone bursting at the seams and wanting to sell me a few frames of capped brood?
Thanks,
Anne

  • [ocba] Need 1-2 capped brood frames, Anne Cabell, 03/19/2012