ocba - [ocba] Swarm Patrol Sign-up

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Todd Walker <mtwalker AT imageray.net>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Swarm Patrol Sign-up
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 13:51:17 -0400

With the mild winter, I am predicting a busy swarm season. If any of you are interested in being called to capture swarms, I need:

Your name and phone number(s) where you can be reached.
"Territory" that you are willing to cover.
Days of the week/time of day you are available.

I will call people based on their proximity to the swarm and ability to immediately respond. There have already been two swarms that I know of. You should have equipment ready NOW because this is going to be a beautiful week mixed with a little rain. Those conditions may inspire some bees to hit the road.

~Todd