ocba - [ocba] Closing Down

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Wilson Lamb" <infomet AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: "OCBA" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Closing Down
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 14:34:40 -0500

Well, I've always been interested, but never diligent.
And now my queen has quit/left/died and I have no bees.
Today I was out there and a few hundred were buzzing around the hive, but I'm pretty sure they are scavengers.
There's no sign of brood or any other real activity in the hive.

I shooed out as many as I could and closed the hive, except for a small opening which I hope the ones inside will use as an exit tonight.

SO, before the robbers clean me out, I'd like to see if anyone is doing any extraction anytime soon and/or if anyone is looking for equipment. I have several hive bodies, some med and shallow supers, and quite a few frames, some with drawn comb, as I recall. Some of the stuff is fairly new and some is patched, but i think it's all usable. If you want to patch anything, we can do it in my shop.

If I can't get my honey, I'd trade it for some that is already extracted.

Anybody interested??

Wilson Lamb

  • [ocba] Closing Down, Wilson Lamb, 02/22/2012