ocba - [ocba] Bees dropping pollen?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "birdcr AT concentric.net" <birdcr AT concentric.net>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Bees dropping pollen?
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 07:58:12 -0500 (CDT)

Folks,

As you might recall I installed a bottom board beetle trap 2 weeks
ago. So far it has killed a LOT of beetles and a little larva.
Since I cleaned the trap out last week I noticed hundreds of
orange pollen packs in the trap sunken in the oil. Do the bees
usually drop some of the pollen or is something wrong inside the
hive?

I have figured out the orange pollen is from wingstem.

Cheers,
Randy Emmitt
www.rlephoto.blogspot.com

  • [ocba] Bees dropping pollen?, birdcr AT concentric.net, 10/01/2011