ocba - [ocba] Summer Meeting

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: Orange County Bees <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Summer Meeting
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2011 17:38:21 -0400

Hello Beekeepers,
Just a quick reminder that the NCSBA Summer Meeting kicks off this Thursday afternoon in Elon.  The agenda is available here.  Dr. Maryann Frazier will be speaking on the topic of protecting your bees from pesticides on Thursday afternoon.  Dr. Rick Fell will be speaking on pheromones and requeening on Thursday evening.  Our own Geneva Green will be doing a workshop on important honey plants of the Piedmont on Thursday and Friday.  These are just a couple of the highlights.  Please look at the rest of the agenda.  I'm sure you will find something of interest to you.

I have received word from the Golden Achievement Committee that OCBA will be recognized at the banquet on Friday evening for our efforts in 2010.  We are in the running for Chapter of the Year, but we will have to wait until the banquet to see how that plays out.  At the very least, we will be recognized as a Golden Achievement club.  I hope all of you can attend the banquet on Friday evening.

Don't forget to bring your entries for the honey/wax/cooking competitions.  Judging happens on Friday and winners of each category will also be announced at the banquet.  OCBA members have been strong competitors in the past and I know we will have good entries this year as well.  The Summer Meeting is a great place to practice and hone your skills for State Fair entries.  Don't be bashful!  Categories and rules are available on the NCSBA members page I believe.

Hope to see all of you there!

Lewis

  • [ocba] Summer Meeting, Lewis Cauble, 07/03/2011