ocba - [ocba] Queens

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: bees Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Queens
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 07:59:05 -0400

Todd Walker and I have been working on queen rearing this year. I'll be pulling some queens from mating nucs today and should have 8 or 10 available at the end of the day if anyone is looking for queens to do splits with. These have been laying for a couple of weeks now. You are welcome to come out to Cedar Grove and look at the pattern before you buy.

These are just mutts grafted off of queens that survived the winter and were looking good. They were open mated here in Cedar Grove. They aren't anything fancy but should be solid.

There will be more between now and early July. 20 bucks each.

If anyone is still looking for a nuc I should be able to do that as well. If you are working with all mediums I can probably find 1 or 2 medium nucs out there.

Call me after 1 today if you want any info.

Lewis

919 593 4823