ocba - [ocba] dead brood?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Alicia Reenders <a.reenders AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] dead brood?
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 13:11:36 -0400

Hello group,

I have recently been seeing several dead bees. They are white-ish tan
looking, and look like fully developed bees that have just turned
white. They are not curled up at all. Makes me imagine that they were
dead in the cell that way and pulled out.

I didn't get a super close look at them this morning, I was in a
hurry. There's about 10 on the bottom screen of my hive, and the bees
are slowly dragging them out.

Anyone know what this is? I was afraid of chalkbrood for a bit, then
looked at my notes and remembered that that affects larva. These look
like full-grown bees. Thanks for your help!

-Alicia

  • [ocba] dead brood?, Alicia Reenders, 07/30/2010