ocba - [ocba] Excitement!

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: rhonda AT chezmoi-bakery.com
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Excitement!
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 08:16:14 -0700

Hello All!

On Saturday, Connie Harrell came over to lend her experienced eyes while I inspected my hive.  So much going on...a few queen cells...and sooo many bees that I'll need to do a split.  Connie lifted a frame up and out dropped a queen (at least we feel she is...will get verification today).  Somehow, Connie was able to hold on to her while I grabbed a queen's cage.  Staying in a little too long for the Girls and accidentally tearing up some of their honeycomb...I received the second sting of my beekeeping career. OUCH! ...but soooo much fun!!!  LOL

Thank you so much Connie for coming to help!

Rhonda L. Jones
Owner/Baker
919-824-2610

Chez Moi
A Baking Renaissance...
Experience the Awakening!

www.chezmoi-bakery.com www.iloverumcake.com

Bees: Responsible for Every Third Bite of Food.

  • [ocba] Excitement!, rhonda, 04/12/2010