ocba - [ocba] Help, I have to move a hive!

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Frank Kloch <frankkloch AT mac.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Help, I have to move a hive!
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 16:00:53 -0400

To all,
I have to move my hive. My fiance and I split up and I moved out. But my bees are still there.My hive which I started with a nucleus this Spring is quite healthy. I am a newbie beekeeper so I need help and advice. The hive has two full size bodies and one super . Has anybody moved a hive this time of the year? Also I need to find a place for my hive till I get my own place. I would share my first year honey for rent! Please contact me with advice, help ( hands on type it's heavy ), a hive spot. I have a enclosed trailer to transport it, a dolly to cart it and a wire entrance cover.

Thanks for any help, Frank Kloch