ocba - [ocba] OCBA - we need swarm advice

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Elisabeth Curtis" <granda.curtis AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Becky Bollinger" <beckyalis AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "Orange County, NC Beekeepers" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] OCBA - we need swarm advice
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 17:46:57 -0400

Sorry - I forgot to change the subject line on the previous email. Hope this gets someone's attention.

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Elisabeth Curtis <granda.curtis AT gmail.com> wrote:

One of our hives has swarmed and taken up residence in the top of a nearby chimney. The resident says he will burn some newspaper in the wood stove, hoping that the smoke will encourage them to move on. The chimney is very high and very difficult to access. Will "smoking" them out like this work? Are there things we should be aware of (like keeping the door to the wood stove closed)? If they would land somewhere else we could capture them. Thanks for any advice. -Elisabeth Curtis

ocba mailing list
North Carolina Beekeeping
http://www.theocba.org/

  • [ocba] OCBA - we need swarm advice, Elisabeth Curtis, 05/07/2008