ocba - [ocba] [Fwd: OCBA -- Looking for a Mentor]

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Becky Bollinger <beckyalis AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Orange County, NC Beekeepers" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] [Fwd: OCBA -- Looking for a Mentor]
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 09:19:28 -0400

Can anyone help her out?
--- Begin Message ---
  • From: "Margaret Kopp" <margaretkopp AT gmail.com>
  • To: beckyalis AT gmail.com
  • Subject: OCBA -- Looking for a Mentor
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 18:51:11 -0400
Hi Becky,

I attended the Bee Basics seminar last fall and came to several meetings in the late fall and early winter. Unfortunately, this spring, my schedule has not allowed me to attend any meetings. I was hoping to make it tonight, but I am a teacher and often have evening obligations, as is the case today.

I have ordered a hive and bees, and have been reading about how to set up a hive this winter. I have several friends who have given me excellent advice as well, but most of them live out of town. I spoke with David(?) in December about getting a "mentor" if I did set up my own hive, and I am sorry for the late, late request. I was wondering if you could recommend someone in the Chapel Hill area (near the center of town) who might be a good resource for me when I install my package some time next week or weekend.

Please feel free to call me at 919-619-9190 or to email me with any suggestions. Because I am not in school this summer, I should be able to attend monthly meetings once again, and when I actually have my bees!

Thanks so much,

Margaret Kopp

--- End Message ---

  • [ocba] [Fwd: OCBA -- Looking for a Mentor], Becky Bollinger, 04/11/2008