ocba - [ocba] harvesting uncapped honey

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "Patrick Gannon" <beekanzi AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] harvesting uncapped honey
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 12:38:10 -0400

good day all.
new here.
i produce "city island gold" a conservation site honey from a samll island off the coast of the east bronx, nyc.
does anyone know if combs with around 50% uncapped cells will become [artificially] mature honey, if i put the full supers in a closed room with a dehumidifier running for a few days. I usually do it after i spinout because the room gets warmer and the honey is polished [made max thick or so i reckon].
i want ot get them off my 2 hives so's i can get ready with winter prep.
thx
patrick