ocba - [ocba] Fw: Beekeeping  Question from NCSBA Web Site - Great bee book for kids!

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Eva Hoke <hoke0002 AT notes.duke.edu>
  • To: A list for the Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Fw: Beekeeping  Question from NCSBA Web Site - Great bee book for kids!
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:48:55 -0400

I received this message this morning. I am not endorsing the book, but passing it along for your information. I did look up the web site and read about the author and the story. You may be interested in doing your own research on it. THanks Eva
----- Forwarded by Eva Hoke/CALGB/mc/Duke on 10/26/2005 08:38 AM -----

Hetty Gray <hgray AT iquest.net> wrote on 10/25/2005 05:10:17 PM:

> Re:     A Bee On Your Face
>    ISBN 0-9712571-3-2   (2004)
>     An illustrated children's book geared for tots through second graders
>
> Dear Eva,
>
> Indiana Author and Columnist Hetty Gray and Shelbyville News
> Advertising Manager and Cartoonist Dee Bonner join forces to produce
> their first children’s book --- A Bee On Your Face!
>
> Meet a precocious little boy who, quite unexpectedly, makes friends
> with a small bee.  Follow Chad as he patters through his small town
> with --- you guessed it --- A Bee On HIS Face!  Immerse yourself in his
> challenging situation.  He wants to go about his activities as usual,
> but it’s hard.  Why?  He doesn’t look the same.  After all, just what
> do you DO with A Bee On Your Face?  The other children cringe at the
> sight of Mr. Bee, but Chad adores his new pal.  What will he do?
> You’ll find out, when you read his story!
>
> Bonner’s exceptional artwork complements metered rhyme to create a tale
> that touches your heart!  A whimsical plot and bouncy text pair with
> hand painted illustrations that bring characters to life in a
> delightful book.
>
> This 8.5x11-inch book positions itself as a delightful gift  for
> children.  Go to the web site to see the cover in full color and more
> information on the author.  Web site prices do not reflect wholesale,
> or vendor price.  Retail price is $16.95.  Your beekeeper's price is
> $12.50 with $1 S&H per book.  Beekeepers from as far away as New
> Zealand have purchased this book with great enthusiasm.
>
> I am the only person to process credit cards, so I discount vendor
> orders as I enter the data through my secure site.  I send you an
> e-mail confirmation of the sale at your price.  This works well.  I
> guarantee the price stated above.
>
> Please contact me for any further information.  Go to URL below:
>
> http://www.sugarcreekpublishing.com
>
> Hetty Gray
> Sugar Creek Publishing, Inc.
> 4126 North London Road
> Fairland, IN 46126-9608
>
> hgray AT iquest.net
>
> (317) 835-7813

  • [ocba] Fw: Beekeeping  Question from NCSBA Web Site - Great bee book for kids!, Eva Hoke, 10/26/2005