nafex - Re: [NAFEX] transplanting young apple trees

  • From: Elizabeth Hilborn <ehilborn@mebtel.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] transplanting young apple trees
  • Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2023 08:50:55 -0500

Congratulations on your grafting success! Grafting is a great skill to master.

I commonly plant fruit trees in November in central NC. They will appreciate a generous topping of mulch after you set them in place. Be sure and protect from deer, and set a protective vole/rabbit collar at the base--winter is prime time for small vertebrate damage.

Elizabeth