nafex - Re: [nafex] raw chestnuts

  • From: Lee Reich <leeareich@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] raw chestnuts
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 21:00:54 -0500

I would guess that the tannic acid would be in the pellicle. I always remove
it before eating the nuts.

Lee
Lee Reich, PhD
Come visit my farmden at
http://www.leereich.com/blog
http://leereich.com <http://leereich.com/>

Books by Lee Reich:
•The Ever Curious Gardener: Using a Little Natural Science for a Much Better
Garden
•A Northeast Gardener’s Year
•The Pruning Book
•Weedless Gardening
•Uncommon Fruits for every Garden
•Landscaping with Fruit
•Grow Fruit Naturally
•Growing Figs in Cold Climates
• Fruit: From the USDA Pomological Watercolor Collection (Tiny Folio)