nafex - [nafex] Maypops

  • From: Devin Smith <dvidedevo@yahoo.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] Maypops
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2022 21:35:55 +0000 (UTC)

Always great to see this list still alive!
Having recently erected a fairly large high tunnel here in SE Vermont, I’m
eager to try my hand at growing some ‘marginal’ (for this climate) fruiting
plants. One I’ve always wanted to try growing is Maypop- Passiflora
incarnata.
Are any of you growing Maypops successfully in a northern locale, and if so
do you have any recommendations in terms of genetics / strains to seek out?
Might anyone have root sprouts of known good performers to share ?
I’m glad to try my hand at growing some out from seed as well. I see that the
Experimental Farming Network is trying to do some crowd-sourced crop
improvement and selection. Perhaps I’ll try to get involved. I’d love any
advice or germplasm anyone here might have to offer.
Thanks,
Devin SmithRockingham, VT