nafex - Re: [nafex] list is alive!

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • To: NAFEX email discussion group <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] list is alive!
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2019 12:56:15 -0400

> On Mar 31, 2019, at 10:31 PM, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You do not have to have a Google account to join and use a Google Group.

I don't think that's true.

> Here is the new webforum:
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/nafe
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/nafe>
> --

I went to that link; and discovered I couldn't even see the group, let alone
post to it, unless I signed in. So I tried to sign in to it, and got as far
as providing an email address: at which point I got "couldn't find your
Google account" and couldn't go any further.

So I don't think anyone without an account can even see the group (though as
it offered to sign me in via an account with YouTube or other "Google
product" it's possible that some people have an account but don't know it.)
And I don't see how it's going to get us new members if only those who
already know it's there (and have an account on top of that) can even see it.

While I don't mean to denigrate your work on this, or your time and attention
which are appreciated, I'm also puzzled that the reaction to a lot of people
saying in effect 'wow! great! the email list is back!' is to promptly try to
direct us all away from the email list and towards yet another possible
diversion from it.