nafex - Re: [nafex] Speaking of quince

  • From: Jay Cutts <orders@cuttsreviews.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Speaking of quince
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 21:46:58 -0700

I'm trying to find pictures of the flower buds in the winter but here's an interesting quote:

/The flowers are not from fruit buds formed in the autumn; after a woody shoot has grown several inches, a flower is produced which terminates the season's growth of that shoot.//
/
https://books.google.com/books?id=47gUAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA388&lpg=PA388&dq=cydonia+flower+buds&source=bl&ots=q8Vj_w14rA&sig=u76ao6L-lYbf76R8xtK-DJSaLWI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiQ7e31rsjRAhWr6YMKHYjKDew4ChDoAQgZMAA#v=onepage&q=cydonia%20flower%20buds&f=false

So that makes it sound like there are no flower buds during the winter - that they would only form in the spring after growth has begun. So why am I not getting flowers??

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews