nafex - Re: [nafex] Alan queries: Re: nafex Digest, Vol 173, Issue 14

  • From: Jerry Lehman <jwlehmantree@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Alan queries: Re: nafex Digest, Vol 173, Issue 14
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 07:19:25 -0400

On 3/20/2016 10:24 PM, fuwa fuwa usagi wrote:
We normally get our first hard frost/freeze by Oct 15th, I think I have only gotten 2-3 harvests in the 20 some years I have grown it. It is simply too late here. I might graft it to Krystk 1 (nothing I have read so far says that peach was found to be incomparable, though circa 2002-2005 it seems there were open concerns; however I may not have read far enough yet.) and plant it against my south facing brick wall. The peach I have there now (Belle of Georgia - so yummy)seems 3 weeks ahead of its clone parent.
Good Morning Mr. Fluffy,

The Lord knows I'm among the worlds worst spellers and if it weren't for being a trademarked name I wouldn't point out the error. Krymsk 1 was bred by Gennadiy Ereman of Krymsk Russia and the original designator which was a breeder cultivar number was changed to Krymsk series for the US markets. If there actually is a Krystk series I'm going to be embarrassed, but it wouldn't be the 1st time. Yes, one of the imported Krymsk rootstocks did have peach incompatibility problems but I don't believe it was Krymsk 1 and I would have to check my records to find which one it was.

Have a good week,

Jerry