nafex - Re: [nafex] Quick Questions from Margaret

  • From: Elizabeth Hilborn <ehilborn@mebtel.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Quick Questions from Margaret
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 11:07:13 -0500

I grow rabbiteye blueberries, and I am familiar with these. Where is Margaret located? If she can grow rabbiteyes, I recommend 'Centurion' for a rich, sweet, 'jammy' flavor.

The real secret to sweet blueberries though is to leave them as long as possible on the bush to ripen and develop sugars. Blueberries will be tart if you pick them as soon as they turn blue, in my experience.

Betsy Hilborn
7a, NC